POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : need help : Re: need help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: need help
From: Scott Hill
Date: 24 Aug 1999 09:41:49
Message: <37c2a11d@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> Scott Hill wrote:
> >
> > Chris Huff <Chr### [at] compuservecom> wrote in message
> > >
> > > There are no programs that will convert from POV to anything

...Pandora's Box
> > (my, oh so long in development, may never even get finished, so don't
hold
> > your breath, POV Modelling suite) will (of course) use .POV scripts as a
> > native file format (it'll read 'em, write 'em and even let you edit
'em).

> You would definitely be interested in this site then:
> http://www9.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~cnvogelg/pov2rib/index.html

    Cheers Ken ! Actually, I was already aware of it (hence the "even that's
not entirely true" in my post), though I'd forgotten the URL, so thanks for
the reminder - haven't decided whether to use it yet (haven't really look at
it in a detail) - it'll make writing the parser easier (I won't have to!)
but I might end up needing to parse the scripts straight into PB's internal
data structures, but, either way, it'll help.
--
Scott Hill : sco### [at] cyberlifecouk
Software Engineer (and all round nice guy)

"We will decide what the news is. The news is what we tell you it is." - The
Fox TV network.